Menudo with Kimchi

I really hate anything spicy. I don't like the burning sensation in my mouth because it makes me uncomfortable. But you know what, I think I am getting the hang of it. Since I tried making my own kimchi sandwich, I always find myself looking for ways to make something with kimchi.

Mom had to go somewhere so I took over the kitchen. *Evil grin* A big mistake, mama, a big mistake. The ingredients were already prepared and she was about to cook Menudo when a man, talking through a speaker box asked for urgent back-up. Btw, for those who are not familiar with Menudo... it is a stew dish of diced pork, chicken, sausage, potatoes, carrots, peas, and tomato sauce usually eaten with rice on the side. Not everything mentioned should be present, just as long as any meat, carrots and potatoes are cooked in tomato sauce, you can drop the technicality.

Saute garlic and onion then add pork cut into cubes. let them brown a little then add water and let it boil.
Froth starts to appear once it boils, just scoop them out with a spatula. Add tomato sauce, ketchup, a pinch of salt and pepper, and a little sugar. Let it simmer a bit then toss in your diced carrots, potatoes and green or red (or both) bell peppers cut into strips.
As an added twist to the traditional Menudo, I added a can of corned tuna, button mushrooms and murdered a bottle of kimchi.
You know it's already cooked if the veggies are already soft. And as usual... delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Please feel free to comment... no spamming please. Thanks! Have a nice day! ^^

Related Posts with Thumbnails