Nasi Lemak

My Malaysian friend and I were talking about breakfast this morning and he said he just ate Nasi Lemak. I was like - "What the hell is that?". Good thing I was able to see it with the help of a "once a college project" innovation called Google.
Photo from wikipedia.

I was amazed when I saw the photo, it reminded me of our local tapsilog. Nasi Lemak is a dish sold in several South East Asian countries like Brunei, Singapore, Southern Thailand and is considered as a national dish in Malaysia. My friend referred to it as "coconut rice" because rice is soaked in coconut milk, then the mixture is steamed.

Pretty much like the different "cousins" of tapsilog, it's a rice meal and basically from what I have read so far from the internet, anything could be paired along with the rice as long as it has roasted peanuts, slices of cucumber and anchovies. The dish could also be served in wraps.
Take that, burrito!

I'll be on the look out for this dish. Oh well, maybe I'll just follow this recipe if I can't find an authentic Malaysian restaurant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Please feel free to comment... no spamming please. Thanks! Have a nice day! ^^

Related Posts with Thumbnails