Mikuru Bakes: "Mikuru Butter Cookies"

So I had nothing to do the whole afternoon so I decided to look around our pantry and fridge to check and see what ingredients I could "experiment" on. Unfortunately, mom hasn't done her grocery so we barely have anything... I just saw some eggs, butter, etc. and it immediately occurred to me - Butter Cookies!!!

I searched online for the easiest butter cookie recipe and I found one. Just to share, there is this site - www.cookingbynumbers.com where you just have to click on what's in your fridge and/or cupboard then the site will come up with a list of recipes indicating the percentage of the ingredients you selected. The concept is nice but I came across a funny recipe: Fried Egg. Take a look below, I don't know if this is a joke or what.
We surely do! ^^
Okay, so here is what you'll need:
1 cup of butter, 1 cup white sugar ,2 eggs, 2 2/3 cups flour, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. If you think something's missing or something's too much, it's because I really made it that way. Moving forward...
Cream softened butter and sugar and on a separate bowl, mix eggs and vanilla then gradually pour it over the butter mixture while beating lightly.
REMINDER: It ain't Mikuru Butter Cookies if you will not do it my way!
I was busy mixing the ingredients and reading the instructions I wrote down on how to prepare the cookies then I thought... when would I add the flour? So I read the instructions again and I found out, I didn't wrote it down... "Ah, what the heck." I just added it to the batter and mixed it with my bare hands, adding love, sweat and tears... love it! ^^

I was able to make 22 pieces out of the batter (I can't believe I counted them in the picture above thrice, to be sure!). Make sure your oven is pre-heated and set at 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celcius (Damn, these guys are so famous, Mikuruheit sounds good too, right?)
And there you go! Since I only used an oven toaster some parts are crunchier than the other, but hey, it gave a nice variety of texture and color to the finished product. It's so flavorful, dad liked it so much and bro enjoyed it by spreading chocolate on top. Yummy! Mikuru Butter Cookies is the best! Hahaha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Please feel free to comment... no spamming please. Thanks! Have a nice day! ^^

Related Posts with Thumbnails